Happy Day

I gotta tell ya, I've really been digging lifting weights again. Like lower rep, higher weight lifting. After doing high rep, low weight on and off for 7 years or so, it's been a lot of fun to heft stuff again. Very gratifying.

Schedule shenanigans moved my Thursday workout to today, but I ain't complaining. It was unseasonably gorgeous in San Francisco today, and I took my run outside.

I've been avoiding paved surfaces like the plague, but the sun and warmth lured me out to the Marina along the bay. The Asics Nimbus were great on the asphalt, and I felt absolutely no shock or impact. After running primarily on concrete, and feeling crappy and shin splinty for so long, it's really nice to feel confident and comfortable again. Truly.

I apparently ran faster than I intended, sticking around 10min/miles. I felt like I started too fast and eased up, but I thought I was going a lot slower than that.

Weightlifting

Deadlift: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 95, 115, 135lbs
Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 165, 175, 185lbs
Still Dips: 3 sets of 5 reps
Lat Pull-Downs: 3 sets of 5 reps @ heavy weight

I have a run Saturday and a "long" run on Sunday, but I don't think my workout today should botch anything up. Here's to unseasonably warm weather! W000t!

Photo courtesy jasonatennui at Flickr.

0 Brilliant Remarks: