New Shoes == Happiness

Just like Harry Potter, I'm rockin' the Nimbus. Although mine are shoes, and his was a broomstick. Major difference.

I ordered the Asics Nimbus 10s from Zappos.com on Tuesday afternoon. Damn shoes showed up on Wednesday. No lie. And, while they weren't cheaper than other stores, the shipping was free. Fantastic shopping experience. (No, I ain't in any way affiliated with Zappos and was not induced to say this, just as this woman was not paid to relate this great post about her experience. They're just doing good work.)

I couldn't wait to strap them on and give 'em a run.

Today was 2 miles running, deadlifts and whatnot. I couldn't help but ratchet up the pace a bit more, spending most of my time around the 9:40 mark. Damn it felt good. And I'm pleased as punch with the Nimbus 10s. Very cushy, seemed to be friendly with my high arch, seemed to let me pronate as I'm supposed to. Goodness.

Weights

Deadlift: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 60lbs, 80lbs, 100lbs
Lunges: 1 set (each side) of 5 reps

I basically didn't really feel like doing lunges today. Not a great attitude, but eh. Whatever.

Hahahaha. *sigh* Oh well.

Tomorrow's another rest day as I ramp into the training schedule.

0 Brilliant Remarks: