The Plan V; Less Plan, More Fun

Alrighty kids, as stated in my last carefully-crafted word salad known in blogger circles as a "post", I've gotten myself into a couple races: The Los Gatos Jungle Run 10k in mid-July and the San Jose Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon in October.

I've really been enjoying doing this casual Quest for Sub-30:00 5k thing, but I wanted to get into races, too. So, I reckon, I'm going to continue running mostly 5ks during the week, with gradually increasing longer runs on Sundays in preparation for the 10k. Once I'm there I'm going to start my buddy Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program. It looks like a winner, and very doable.

I've adjusted my training calendar so I know what to do on which days. Funny how that works. My priorities are basically:
1. Continue to lose weight
2. Build up an adequate base
3. Prepare correctly for 10k
4. Prepare correctly for Half Marathon
I'll leave my other 2 goals ("5. Becoming King of Scotland" and "6. Perfecting the art of the cheese fry") for a later date.

Wish me luck!

The Calendar

2 Brilliant Remarks:

  1. Alicia A said...

    I'd wish you luck, but you're a driven and stubborn mo-fo, so I know you'll nail this.

    Thanks for the giggles on this one. MUCH needed today.

  2. The title of this post reminded me of a 6 flags commercial.. MORE FLAGS, MORE FUN!