Blah Blah Blah Treadmill Blah Blah Blah Weights

Another great day with Hella Sound music in the ears, so I switched it up during my run and listened to Silversun Pickups album Carnavas. This was my drive-to-work album for a long time in San Diego, and it's near and dear to my heart. Not the best album to run with maybe, but good to listen nonetheless. If you don't know this album, maybe you should.

On the Hella Sound tip, I'm really happy with how recording is going, and I'm completely stoked to have something ready for folks soon. A big part of this has been a learning experience, and I'm loving every minute of it.

Slated for 2 miles, I hit 24 Hour Fitness and ran on the treadmill. 2 miles is doable on the treadmill; I'd hate to run 10 miles on it, but 2 is quick and easy. I kept the mph at 6.2, the total run time being 19:43.

The run was great, the pace (for me) was quick, and I felt mighty fine.

Weightlifting

Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 185lbs
Dead Lifts: 3 sets of 5 reps @ 95lbs
Still Dips: 3 sets of 5 reps
Lat Pull-Downs: 3 sets of 5 reps @ heavy weight

I'm loving the multiple-joint, heavy-weight plan. Not that I'm hefting big weights, but it's so much more fun that high-rep, low weight crap I was doing. I truly feel improved strength overall. I'll have to mix it up some down the road, but for now it's great. However, I am playing it safe with dead lifts. The last thing I want to do is tweak my back and jack myself up. 95lbs with good form is good enough for me for now.

0 Brilliant Remarks: